Together, M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust, a part of M&T Bank Corporation, represent one of the country’s leading depository and lending franchises, a premier wealth advisory firm, and the partner of choice for corporate transactions and structures. As one of strongest, most successful companies in the U.S financial services industry, M&T continues to grow, offering value to our shareholders and opportunity to qualified professionals. Join our team of over 15,000 professionals and you’ll understand what drives our longstanding success: a promise of exceptional client service, a commitment to our communities, a focus on building long-term relationships, and a dedication to being the best employer you’ll ever have.
Senior Private Client Advisor
The Senior Private Client Advisor will focus on new sales revenue through client acquisition and expansion of existing clients and have responsibility for consulting and coordinating the delivery of solutions for a comprehensive wealth management strategy for individuals, business owners, and families. including but not limited to: investment management, trust, credit, planning, insurance, and banking services. Serves as mentor for a small group of private client advisors and exercises general guidance in the relationship planning process for his/her relationships .
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Focus is new sales revenue through client acquisition and expansion of existing clients.
- Actively monitors client's financial situation and proactively engages clients in consideration of changes or additions to their financial strategies.
- Promotes and sells the full array of financial services distributed by the company to current and new clients.
- Actively cultivates and maintains relationships with sources of new business.
- Working through the Relationship Manager, assess client's current financial situation and goals and objectives through the financial planning process.
- Prioritize short term and long term needs of the client.
- Recommend ideas, suggestions and alternatives utilizing a team of specialists.
- Implement and deliver specific solutions.
- The Senior Private Client Advisor position will have a direct impact on revenue of MTIG and the growth of the Wealth Advisory business and fee income of the Bank.
o Wealth Solutions: discretionary investment management, trust and estate planning, financial and wealth planning.
- Bachelor's Degree, or in lieu of degree, four years relevant sales/professional work experience.
- Six or more years' sales experience in the financial services industry.
- A proven track record of implementation of wealth management strategies.
- Knowledge of various individual and institutional wealth advisory solutions including:
o Brokerage Solutions: mutual funds, UIT's, variable and fixed annuities, individual stocks and bonds and other related brokerage solutions.
o Insurance Solutions: permanent (variable life, universal life, and whole life) and term insurance, long term care, disability and wealth transfer.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 66 State Life and Health licenses.
- General computer knowledge.
- Strong inter-personal, verbal and written skills.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation, planning and follow-up skills.
- Ability to build internal and external referral networks.
- Proven sales success.
M&T is among the top 20 U.S.-based commercial bank holding companies with more than $79 billion in assets and more than 780 branches in New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, West Virginia, Florida and Washington D.C. With more than 150 years of experience, M&T Bank is committed to be the best company our employees ever work for, the best bank customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make.
- JD, CFP, MBA, CFA or similar designations
Apply today at
May 24, 2013, 1:33:57 PM
M & T Bank - 16 months ago
M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in Western New...