- Training beyond high school is required
- 3-5 years experience is req
- Recent experience in the specialty area is required
The roles of the Network Engineer - Voice are to architect, design, and implement solutions for client technologies and end user experiences. This includes designing solutions to support end users and project management activities to implement existing and new technology solutions. You will also be a technical resource for Information Technology teams, provide day to day solutions to various technical items, and provide 3rd level support.
The Network Engineer - Voice will be versed in various technologies such as Cisco IOS and NX-OS operating systems, TCP/IP, Subnetting, Cisco CUCM, Unity, Presence and Jabber.
In addition, this role currently supplies primary support for a Cisco Unified Communications project and will require the follow experience and skill set.
Cisco Voice Engineer
Essential Job Functions:
• Design, installation and configuration of the Cisco Unified Communications portfolio, including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity (Connection) Messaging, Unified Presence, Unified Emergency Responder and related network design and configuration including switching, routing and voice gateways.
• Installation and configuration of Cisco UCS virtualized server platforms for Unified Communications.
• Cisco IPCC design and configuration.
• Responsible for creating and delivering the overall voice strategy, design, upgrades, deployment, migration, decommissioning and troubleshooting of components that make enterprise voice infrastructure.
• Engaged in the engineering, implementation, and support of infrastructure platforms used in customers of all sizes, from small branch locations through call center, campus and data center locations.
• Technical documentation of solution architecture, design and as-built system configuration.
• Work with customer business units to develop a business-oriented communications solution.
• Perform traffic and capacity analyses of PBX and Voice Mail systems.
• Ability to act as a leader/spokesman/advocate to various levels of the customer’s organization.
• Provide high level of customer service to the customer client base.
• Ability to effectively communicate highly technical solutions and options to audiences of widely varying skills.
• Assist in network security directives and system development related to voice operations.
• Provide second and third tier customer support as required.
• 3+ years of technical telecom experience in a Network Engineering and Support enterprise environments.
• CCNP-Voice or CCIE-Voice preferred.
• A bachelor's degree in computer science and/or business, or the work experience equivalent.
• Expertise in PBX design and modeling.
• Voice over IP network design and support experience.
• Knowledge of Cisco hardware and software platforms, including UCS B and C Series.
• Technical experience with integration and migration of Avaya, Nortel, NEC and other PBX platforms preferred.
• Business video conferencing experience a plus.
• Ability to deliver on multiple complex high priority projects and initiatives within scope, budget and timeline.
• Able to work within a customer oriented, positive team environment.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, visual, and written communication skills for communications to technical and non-technical staff.
West Jefferson Medical Center - 10 months ago