Position Description: Alkermes is searching for a highly talented scientist for a position primarily responsible for developing and executing analytical, biochemical, and biophysical techniques in support of our protein therapeutic discovery efforts.
- Primary responsibilities for protein expression, purification and characterization
- Perform characterization efforts for candidate lead proteins.
- Development and execution of analytical and biochemical assays.
- Participate in advancing Alkermes pipeline and capabilities in biologics.
- Bacterial and mammalian protein expression (including transient transfection)
- Protein purification (experience with AKTA FPLC purification systems required, HPLC/UPLC a strong plus)
- Protein characterization: biophysical techniques to include size exclusion chromatography (SEC), biacore (surface plasmon resonance), isothermal calorimetry, circular dichroism, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry,
- Other analytical techniques including SDS-PAGE, western blot, and ELISA analysis
- Experimental design and analysis
- Experience in standard molecular and cell biology techniques (bacterial transformation, cloning, DNA isolation, mammalian cell culture)
- Experience relating to protein formulation techniques a strong plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply techniques
- Ability to independently design and execute experiments
- Sense of urgency (self-motivation)
- Strong interdisciplinary communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years experience or MS plus 6 years experience, preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting; degree in a relevant scientific discipline (biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry)
Alkermes, Inc. - 9 months ago
Alkermes, Inc. (Alkermes) is an integrated biotechnology company. The Company has developed, manufactured and commercialized VIVITROL for al...