Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant
The Insurance Operations Sr. Data Analyst assists in the analysis of requirements, designs, develops, and delivers data mining, analytic, or reporting solutions in response to enterprise needs of moderate complexity. The incumbent will also have responsibilities for business unit support and maintenance of existing reporting solutions. Learn and enhance knowledge of related source systems. Fully accommodate the customer’s business needs, resolve conflicting user demands and maintain positive customer relations with strong communication and coordination.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Assists in the analysis of requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate complexity and risk
Participate in ETL, data mining, report prototyping, analytics, and solution development according to business and technical requirements
- Gather, organize and document requirements according to given direction and standards
- Participate in design consultations with report, data mining, and analytic experts
- Prepare approval of estimates of work effort and duration for assigned tasks
- Participate in the preparation of product vision and project documentation
Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives
- Identify components required to implement report, analytic, and data mining solutions including the identifying of anomalies
- Prepare design documentation; submit for design review, support various business initiatives
- Develops, tests, documents, and implements ad-hoc and project based solutions
- Works within established guidelines, standards, methodologies, and conventions
- Develop and unit test as part of a department reporting team or as an individual contributor
- Submit solutions to senior development staff for review of compliance with best practices, standards.
Participate in the implementation of solutions
- Review established quality requirements and measurement metrics
- Participate in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
- Perform technical support activities required for execution of test plans
- Perform data validation and variance testing, and root cause analysis and provide process improvement recommendations
- Evaluate outcomes, report results and document findings according to current standards
Provide dashboard reporting solution support
- Adhere to Department standards and best practices
- Participate in the periodic review of standards and best practices and provide suggestions which will improve overall department quality.
- Analyze conditions, consult with experienced personnel on strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve reporting solution reliability and performance
- Prepare department documentation according to stated requirements
- Provide for business continuity and back-out mechanisms as directed
- Perform solution implementation activities as directed and according to current standards and policies
- Monitor implementations and respond appropriately and as directed in the event of disruptive impacts
Provide solution administration support
- Enhance knowledge of the various multi-platform environments, utilities and procedures
- Learn the various multi-platform environments, utilities, tool sets, and support processes
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Provide timely, concise communication of service disruption status to appropriate personnel
- Document service disruption occurrence and resolution(s) applied using designated repositories
- Consult with staff personnel as required for effective incident resolution
- Resolve development and support issues and maximize customer satisfaction
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Depending on the specific department the following experience is required:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- General estimation skills for cost, effort and duration of product deliverables of moderate complexity
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of moderate risk
- Considerable knowledge and development skills in report building and data mining tools
- 2-4 years of experience with ETL using SQL Server or other enterprise tool. Extensive experience writing moderately complex Transact SQL procedures.
- 2-4 years of data mining, data analysis, and dashboard creation
- 2-4 years experience with database design, ETL development and advanced SQL skills.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts and practices of reporting using Excel 2010.
- Ability to write complex queries using Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, and Excel Power Pivot.
- Excellent presentation skills using various tools including Power Point
- Ability to communicate technical information to senior and executive level employees
- Advanced experience in presenting data in multiple formats including, but not limited to, Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Project management experience either leading or supporting projects requiring data analytics, variance testing and data validation
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience – Master’s Degree preferred
- Prefer Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - Black Belt desired, or other experience/certification of data analytics
ROLE/JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- The position contributes to organizational success by providing quality report, analytic, and data mining solutions consistent with business requirements and technical specifications.
- The Insurance Operations Sr. Data Analyst may participate in solution development related tasks within a team setting, or may work on individual projects, i.e. ad-hoc requests. Work of moderate complexity and risk may be executed under the mentoring guidance of senior personnel.
- Assignments are consistent with training and acquired skills achieved within or across multiple platforms.
- Tasks may involve the delivery of work products for data mining tools or reporting tools, or both, depending on area(s) of technical specialty.
- Participation in on-call services for business support and critical reporting implementations is required.
- Travel may also be required for job-related training and assignments.
- This position may come in contact with sensitive information on an occasional or periodic basis. The nature of this job may require the incumbent to review specific sensitive information for the purposes of performing the accountabilities of this position.
- The job incumbent will take appropriate steps to ensure that access to and use of the sensitive information is limited to that needed to adequately perform his/her job responsibilities and accountabilities.
- The job incumbent must perform duties under pressure in a fast-paced, high volume, office work environment.
Remote location may be considered.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and assignments of low to moderate complexity
- Ability to manage expectations, issues and risk for minimally complex tasks and assignments
- Ability to deliver results on time
- Ability to have general understanding of underlying business need
- Ability to adhere to best development practices
- Ability to work in a matrix-managed environment
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 35156
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...