Major Duties and Responsibilities:|
Experience and Qualifications:
- Continually seeks to develop housekeeping policies and procedures to improve the current operation.
- Assists in the training and development of all housekeeping associates.
- Assists in managing preparation of schedules, payroll and workloads for housekeeping staff ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Assists the Director of Housekeeping in the daily management of labor expenses.
- Inspects all hotel rooms, public areas, VIP rooms, and spa (property specific) daily to ensure that cleanliness meets hotel standards.
- Monitors appliances, furniture, room supplies and general appearance of rooms to ensure all is up to hotel standards.
- Monitors inventory of all housekeeping supplies ensuring that staff has the necessary supplies available to perform their assignments.
- Works with outside suppliers and linen services as needed ensuring orders are issue free and in line with hotel standards.
- Receives and confirms deliveries of supplies and services.
- Conducts weekly and monthly linen inventory .
- Communicates with other departments: front office, maintenance, banquets to ensure any outstanding guest issues have been resolved.
- Monitors guest complaints and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Prepares and reviews daily housekeeping reports.
- Assists in continuously evaluating the performance of housekeeping staff and takes corrective actions when necessary.
- Communicates special requests to management and passes on special instructions to the next shift.
- Ability to consistently act in accordance with Company's labor relation's philosophy, strategy and procedures as well as the specific policies and procedures as set forth in the various collective bargaining agreements.
- Ensures that associates uphold all services, procedures and communication standards as outlined by Standard Operating Procedures.
- Administers required associate reference guide practices such as performance and aptitude reviews.
- Trains on and executes all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation
- Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability.
- Experienced in managing an organized labor work force.
- Minimum of two years in a Housekeeping or Front Office role.
- Previous management experience
- Highly motivated
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Front Office/Housekeeping experience
Denihan Hospitality Group - 2 years ago