Hospital Consulting Marketing and Business Development
The selected candidate will serve as a member of the Southwind senior management team and will report to the SVP, Hospital Consulting. This position will be responsible for developing new business and achieving a revenue goal for our hospital consulting services. This position will implement effective strategies to introduce Southwind services to hospital executives, collect meaningful insight into target client needs, and position Southwind solutions. She/he will be responsible for leading the sales pursuit process in assigned opportunities, and developing the sales acumen of Southwind staff. The ability to sell a complex consulting program in an intellectually challenging and dynamic environment in a very autonomous yet rigorous environment is required. This position will travel over
50% and may live nationwide.
- Establish and maintain a high-functioning sales management process for visit planning, execution, assessment, follow up and closing. The leader will be involved in a personal, hands-on way to ensure team’s success including playing a sales support
role in meetings as-needed.
- Identify and prioritize prospects in assigned accounts through networking, referrals and direct sales and marketing activities at the Executive level, C-Suite of healthcare organizations
- Define and target key leaders and develop the appropriate strategy, message and tactics to build the business.
- Participate in new product development activities
- Continuously update your knowledge of all aspects of hospital consulting: asking informed questions, uncovering client opportunities, understanding project specifications, derstanding and managing pricing strategies, using technology to expand reach and coverage.
- Coordinate and/or participate in marketing and networking efforts (i.e., industry events, personal speaking engagements, national webinars, professional associations, business roundtables, etc.) to increase awareness and grow the hospital consulting line.
Work closely with delivery and marketing leaders on collateral creation and innovative sales and marketing efforts
- Effectively partner with the senior management team and be a key contributor to help lead the business to the next levels of growth and profitability.
- Master’s degree in health administration or other related field is preferred
- Must have healthcare system or acute care focused advisory/consulting experience.
- Minimum of 10-15 years experience selling complex solutions to hospital executives
Track record of ownership over a revenue target, both personal and team based
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group discussions at the senior
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate all relevant operational
- Proven commitment in a team setting, and ability to serve as a member of a management
- Strong customer service-focus
- 10+ years selling consultative or service solutions to hospital executives
(primarily CEO’s and CFO’s)
- A track record of selling $3 million or more (total contract value) annually
Experience selling to large hospitals and health systems across the U.S.
- Previous experience as a health care consultant or in an advisory capacity
- A proven leader in demonstrating how to build a partnership between multiple
- Ability to build trust and confidence with utmost integrity
- Ability to manage the sales process, anticipate and remove barriers to close, and
accurately forecast probability of closure
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Ability to motivate others
- Experience as a successful influencer who can interact effectively with diverse groups of
stakeholders such as other physicians, healthcare administration, and staff.
- Ability to facilitate and lead successful outcomes which is mutually satisfactory to
- Proven business acumen and analytical skills.
The Advisory Board Company - 2 years ago
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...