Division: Production & Supply
State/Province: Texas [TX]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Process/ Chemical Automation Engineer
Job ID: 2715
This role is specialized over other process engineers at GBB site as this role is partially Process Engineer and Automation Engineer. The Process Engineering part of the role will perform engineering studies, process design, project management, and production support in general across a manufacturing process. The Automation part of the role will act as lead for the site on control tuning and automation system programming. Additionally, will train others in this special skill set. The role will also design and start-up new facilities he/she has designed; modify and replace existing equipment; and troubleshoot systems to improve throughput, efficiencies, quality, safety, environmental performance, reliability and costs at the Greens Bayou site.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Learn details of the Unit operations and the Project Process and other engineering procedures.
- Develop successful interfaces with the internal customers.
- Be active contributing team member.
- Develop strong systems and controls for DCS software and tuning parameters
- Develop and deliver significant improvements to plant reliability, throughput and excellent HSE performance.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Interface with Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Safety, Environmental, Process Technology, and Supply Chain personnel to identify and implement the best solutions to improve plant reliability, production rate and HSE performance.
- Prepare process scope definitions for the modification of existing equipment and the installations of new systems.
- May serve as Project Manager for the installation of new projects.
- May serve in other temporary roles such as commissioning manager, start-up support, or coverage for technical or operations supervision.
- Prepare procedures, commissioning and start-up plans for new or modified systems.
- Provide lead for the site for DCS software management and control loop tuning.
- Provide engineering design and evaluation to debottleneck, improve reliability and trouble shoot problems.
- Able to perform process safety work as required to support operations or project needs including leading process risk assessments, carryout relief studies and environmental calculations for releases.
- This position requires minimum of B. S. Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Candidates should have at least 5-10 years experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated capabilities in process safety, production support, process design and commissioning/start-up support.
- Candidate should have experience of programming of DCS systems and tuning complex control loops.
- Development of Process Improvement scope definition packages and proposals is necessary.
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Motivating Others
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Self Development
- Presentation Skills
- Priority Setting
- Set ambitious strategic goals
- Develops self and others and managers performance to high standards
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Must sign a non-compete if offered this position (Include if applicable)
Syngenta - 2 years ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...