This position is responsible for the pre-sale design and financial modeling of CenturyLink local & national customer sales inquiries.
- The candidate must work closely with Sales, Sales Engineering and Pricing/Offer Management to design competitive and cost effective customer solutions.
- Partnering with Network teams (OSP, Transport, Fiber Planning, Engineering, Provisioning and Construction), Product Management, and Technology Management is also required.
- Designs and pricing must be provided to the Sales team within short intervals defined by service level agreements and departmental metrics.
- Due to multiple sales channel focus (EMG, RMG, WMG), the candidate must possess strong communications skills, creativity and the ability to act independently with sense of urgency.
- Limited customer interaction associated with the company sale may also be required.
- The successful candidate will apply engineering and networking principles, theories, concepts and technologies to solve complex problems and create innovative network designs.
- Candidate will perform engineering work, applied research, development & design of new projects; to include design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of equipment, environment & infrastructure.
- Candidate must be skilled in planning and engineering; analyzing complex local and wide area network systems including the design, evaluation and capacity of access & core technologies in the inside-plant, outside-plant and premise environments.
- Candidate must be capable of handling complex engineering assignments with little direct supervision or guidance.
- Candidate will resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all network platforms.
- Candidate supports acquisition and implementation of hardware & software as well as sub-contractor services.
- The Candidate should be regarded as a subject matter expert in the research, design and implementation of company products & services.
- Candidate may also act as a technical project leader, or provide work leadership & direction for lower level employees.
- Candidate acts as a consultant to management detailing technical requirements, and specifications necessary to obtain successful solutions.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years experience related experience.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...