Position General Responsibilities:|
Responsible for various duties, performing as a Loan Assistant for designated officers. This includes all facets of loan document preparation, recordation and maintenance of credit files. Tickler list management and loan accounting are also critical to the job function.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
1. Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
2. 2-year college level course of study in Business Administration and/or financial institution or related field experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
3. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Strong communication and organizational skills.
5. Must be able to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks.
1. Previous loan processing experience/real estate processing experience.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies
Dimension of Job:
Responsible for various duties, performing as a Loan Assistant for designated officers. This position will also assist in the assorted clerical duties for the Real Estate department (i.e. includes communications, facets of loan document preparation, recordation, and maintenance of credit files). Tickler list management and loan accounting are also critical to the job function.
1. Loan Processing Operational Functions:
Loan documentation preparation for all lenders.
Responsible to develop expertise in loan documentation as well as to develop general credit skills commensurate with the position of Loan Processor.
Responsible for tickler list, loan file maintenance, loan accounting and other duties as assigned.
Responsible for professionally dealing with title companies and insurance companies.
Responsible for collateral safekeeping as applicable.
Responsible for correspondence mailings, phone, and lobby traffic.
Manage denial / withdrawn credit files.
Provide secretarial help as needed
Process paid and renewed notes.
Filing for loan department; make loan advances and payments.
Responsible for preparation of notes modifications and extensions; letters of credit and commitment.
CRT and HMDA contact and maintenance of compliance files.
Pull credit reports / build and maintain files.
Prepare and deliver loan application packages to Processing Center.
Quote loan payoffs as needed; monitor lien filings; order appraisals, lien searches and title commitments. Contact insurance companies as deemed necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
Answer phone; take messages, and direct calls to designated officers.
Greet, monitor and assist customers.
Become a notary public.
Other duties as assigned.
3. Sales/Public Relations:
Promote the improvement of Stockman Bank through quality customer service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
Greet all customers pleasantly and make them feel welcome and comfortable.
Handle transactions quickly and professionally.
Effectively handle customer questions and problems.
4. Federal Regulations:
Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Physical and Mental Demands: (The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% of shift Frequently = 34-66% of shift Constantly = 67-100% of shift
1. Constant lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. Constantly required to hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details. Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment. Constantly stand, walk or sit, while requiring oral and written communication with co-workers, customers and transactions with guidance available.
2. Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
3. Infrequently climb (up ladders, etc.), balance (to reach items) or drive a car.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. Constantly works with others, around others and with coworkers in other departments or branch and with customers and the general public in person and via telephone. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
2. Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and customers while hearing machines, conversations of others, music, phones, etc., in a confined area.
3. Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Company Functions and Expectations:
1. Technical Knowledge
Has the technical knowledge and analytical skills to fulfill job duties in a positive manner. Keeps abreast of new and changing developments in industry/field especially as it pertains to the individual position. Has the ability to analyze situation and react accordingly.
Expresses information/thoughts clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form. Keeps communication channels open with subordinates and supervisors. Responds promptly to calls or inquiries in a courteous and professional manner. Communication is effective and efficient.
Establishes priorities, sets goals and meets deadlines in an accurate and efficient manner. Organizes overall workflow and working area. Quickly identifies problems, makes timely decisions and notifies affected personnel. Plans effectively to ensure timely completion of duties.
4. Team Work/Professionalism
Is willing to assist others to ensure deadlines are met. Provides assistance to less experienced personnel when needed. Informs appropriate personnel of significant issues in a timely manner. Works well in group environment and with supervisor. Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions and appearance within professional boundaries.
5. Customer Service Culture
Employees will strive for outstanding, professional and courteous service to our customers and anyone who visits our facility.
Stockman Bank - 22 months ago