The Director of Cost Accounting will be responsible for all cost accounting and finance support for the global supply chains of both Master Lock Company and Waterloo Industries. In this highly visible position, you will act as a key business partner with senior management by providing analysis and recommendations on strategic decisions with significant profit impact. You will use your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of cost accounting techniques to ensure that decisions are based on sound financial projections, and to champion understanding of true cost drivers throughout the organization. The Director of Cost Accounting reports to the Vice President, Finance at FOSS headquarters in Oak Creek, with a strong dotted line to the General Manager of Milwaukee Operations. The Director of Cost Accounting will also work closely with management of our Sedalia, Missouri and Nogales, Mexico plants, and with our Asian sourcing team.
Provide analysis and recommendations on key supply chain initiatives
Provide Product Development, Marketing, and Engineering with cost information for new products and product enhancements
- Lead all make versus buy analysis, where opportunity exists to bring production back from Asia to North America. Educate team members on key cost drivers and enhance decision making processes.
- Coordinate development of capital expenditure requests, including calculation of return on investment.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve productivity. Report on progress in achieving cost reduction goals.
Oversee cost accounting system for all manufactured and sourced inventory
Lead team in providing day-to-day financial support to operations management
- Ensure that appropriate standard costs are maintained for all inventory items
- Identify opportunities to improve standard costs, and lead implementation of recommended changes. Promote understanding of the true costs of the various operations.
Ensure that all supply chain activities are properly accounted for
- Provide financial perspective on all operations initiatives and challenges.
- Provide actionable reports and analysis to management on plant performance versus plan, last year, and internal targets
- Report on productivity and labor efficiency by work center
- Monitor commodity cost impact on business.
Supply Chain Budgeting and Forecasting
- Review supply chain performance as part of monthly closing process. Oversee booking of all required entries and reconciliation of related general ledger accounts.
- Ensure that worldwide inventory is properly valued in the financial statements.
- Drive improvements in inventory management.
Ensure that appropriate internal controls are maintained throughout the global supply chain
- Oversee compilation of annual supply chain operating budget and monthly forecast updates
- Direct physical inventories and ongoing cycle counting programs.
- Work with corporate accounting to ensure that all requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley are met.
Requires 10+ years total finance/accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
Extensive knowledge of cost accounting theory and practices
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Oracle ERP experience a plus
Master Lock - 12 months ago
Master Lock's founder figured that if battleships and bank vaults were made of laminated steel, why not locks? The world's largest...