You’re up for the next really big challenge.
Datalogix (DLX) is on the hunt for a special type of Software Engineer. One who has earned their engineering chops and is ready to tackle Big Data challenges. One who is open -- eager to learn -- and likes the energy and excitement that working on a tight project team can generate.
Intrigued? Let’s talk specifics:
What you’ll be working on will be anything but dull . You’ll be using your object-oriented development expertise and database know-how on the data we ingest from hundreds of different companies, and the solutions you develop will revolutionize the way products and services are sold.
You must be comfortable playing a variety of roles . At DLX, we use a variety of technologies, but we don’t expect you to know them all; we only expect an eagerness to learn and work with any of them. (Most of the work is done in C# but we’re open to talented developers with strong C++ or strong Java experience.)
There’s plenty of room to grow, too. Our engineers are grouped into teams that each focus on a specific business line. (We are “truly” agile which means daily standups and two-week iterations.) Engineers that like to share and mentor thrive here, for DLX offers ample opportunities to move between teams and work on varying business domains and technology challenges.
And the perks? at DLX, we’re always looking for new ways to keep the workplace fun. Hackathons run a full week each quarter. Just this quarter, we opened an onsite DLX Café that offers casual meeting space, delicious healthy food choices and mountain views. On site CrossFit is free to employees twice a week onsite. We also have a robust educational training program led by our Dean of Datalogix University. plus "DLX Recharge" our unique, flexible time off philosophy in which time is not tracked. We encourage our employees to take time off when they need it, giving everyone the opportunity to recharge.
We’re Datalogix (DLX). And we offer big opportunities .
This Software Engineer opportunity will allow you to develop highly valuable skills which will make you more valuable in the technology industry. However, we think once you join our team, you may not want to leave.
DLX is a fast-growing, privately held company on the cutting edge of digital marketing. We made our mark by leveraging the power of purchase-based audience targeting to drive measurable online and offline sales. Today, our unparalled dataset includes nearly every U.S. household and more than $1 trillion in consumer transactions down to the SKU level. No other firm is better positioned to deliver the right message to the right audience right now.
With a true entrepreneurial work environment, DLX offers top talent all the excitement of an emerging company, coupled with a proven 10-year track record of sustained profitability This winning combination of stability and innovation is an important reason why top venture capital firms continue to fund our growth.
Oh – and wait ‘til you see the DLX world-class work environment. This position is located at our Corporate Office in Westminster between Denver and Boulder, Colorado. It’s a place you’ll love going to every day, in a part of the country that delivers more than 250 days of sunshine each year.
How you’ll measure your success as part of the DLX team .
We rely on all of our Software Engineers to develop innovative solutions for our digital and offline marketing products. Our solutions will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success with DLX will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
On a day to day basis, you will:
What you should bring to the table:
- Work as a member of an Agile Software Development Team to help implement new functionality based on business requirements.
- Develop new programs and supporting existing programs in Linux and Windows environments.
- Interact with the Datalogix business and operations teams and facilitate working through technical implementation and customer service issues.
- Performance test in a high-volume Internet infrastructure.
- Develop primarily server-side solutions in C# and Java.
- Develop in a variety of database technologies including; Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL and Netezza.
- And yes, sometimes you will be called upon to perform troubleshooting of web server issues and incoming web requests from partners and clients.
KEYWORDS: BIG DATA, Agile, Rally Software, C#, software engineer, software developer, Java, MS SQL, MySQL, Netezza, Data, Database, online marketing, Linux, Windows, big data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field preferred.
- Other experience we look for includes: PHP or Perl, Linux (Emacs or Vi), hands-on administration or development of web servers, Oracle, MySQL, Internet ad serving or high volume web site support.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members.
Datalogix - 13 months ago
Today, Datalogix helps over 50% of the top 100 advertisers and over 90% of the top 50 digital media and ad tech companies succeed by...