The Lead Specialist is responsible for routing cargo to achieve balanced utilization across vessel resources while minimizing impact on network costs. The Lead Specialist works with Trades, Customer Service, Vessel Planners, Fleet Control and Equipment Management to evaluate vessel load forecasts, adjust cargo routings, and supports the development of tactical plans to achieve key operating goals.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Identify allocations (e.g. BSA, Trade, Geography, Customer)
- Monitor and manage utilization
- Manage booking velocity
- Identify bookings with sub-optimal routing
- Adjust cargo routings
- Report planned and actual utilization rates
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Network and/or Terminal Operations
- Understanding of vessel stowage
- Regulatory compliance
- Bargaining unit jurisdictional issues
- Collaborative, team based work environments
- Analytical problem solving
- Customer Focus
- Demonstrated strength using tools such as CCAM, Excel, BI Query and Terminal Operating Software
- Teamwork – showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect – extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity – fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation – bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus – achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American's with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact mailto: ApplicantAssistance@apl.com for assistance.
APL's tagline is apt: moving business forward. The company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore's Neptune Orient Lines (NOL),...