Do you want to work for the leader in the outdoor industry? Then apply today to join the Cabela’s team. Cabela’s has an opening for a
Merchandise Planner - Hunting Apparel in the Planning and Inventory department
at our corporate office in Sidney, NE.
This position creates the comprehensive merchandise financial plans to manage the business by maximizing inventory, sales and profitability. Pre-season planning of sales, margin and inventory by Channel for levels within the Merchandise Hierarchy. In-season management of sales, margin and inventory plans by channel for levels within the Merchandise Hierarchy through the Monthly Performance Review.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Develops and maintains merchandise financial plans and channel plans to the class level, and establishes store level sales and inventory targets, translating the merchandise strategy and vision into actionable plans with profitable results.
- Develops and executes the merchandise, assortment, and inventory strategies for the category for all channels.
- Develops and executes of the price strategy for all channels to achieve company financial goals and meet competitive standards.
- Provides direction on demand planning and product assortment for all channels to support the global assortment strategy goals.
- Analyzes, forecasts and reports on current trends in financial performance and managing category inventory levels against targets for weekly and monthly MPR.
- Develops and proposes tactics in response to current business trends.
- Holds team accountable to meet the calendar deadlines.
- Responsible for the training and development of direct and indirect reports.
- Provides re-forecast to the Replenishment and Allocation Analyst to achieve the proper inventory levels.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree plus three to six years relevant experience.
- Minimum: Include a total of five to eight years previous relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge in the following computer programs: Microsoft Word and Excel, AS400, JDA, Enterprise Strategy, and Arthur Planning.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest direct...