Description BD MBA VALUE PROPOSITION:
At BD, MBA Interns drive influence and change. Customized projects and assignments enable you to accelerate your career through both personal and professional development, while solving some of the world’s most compelling problems, saving human lives. As a successful MBA recruit you can have the opportunity to develop rewarding experiences early on in your career that can last a lifetime. The BD MBA Internship program is our primary pipeline for engaging and hiring leadership talent at the early career stages.
A COMPELLING EXPERIENCE: (BUSINESS UNIT DESCRIPTION)
Join us for an intern experience because you are passionate about our purpose of “Helping all people live healthy lives.”
Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) is a $7.7 billion global medical technology company recognized as a Fortune World’s Most Admired Company since 2002 and World’s Most Ethical Company since the award’s inaugural year in 2007. Come and experience an environment where people have a passion and commitment true to our purpose. We are a great company committed to creating a culture of innovation while continuing to develop superior products.
The BD Biosciences division is a world leader in bringing innovative diagnostic and research tools to life science researchers, clinical researchers, laboratory professionals and clinicians who are involved in basic research, drug discovery and development, biopharmaceutical production and disease management. The BD Biosciences segment is focused on continually advancing the science and applications associated with cellular analysis.
Positions are available at our San Jose, California location near Silicon Valley, a hub for technology innovation and development.
BUSINESS CHALLENGE/INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
The BD-Biosciences business is transforming because our industry and global marketplace is undergoing change. With change comes a need to establish and formalize our “Talent Management Program/System” with a focus on our most critical, impactful roles and talent.
This internship will involve in:
1) understanding our business and current successes,
2) assess and determining the root causes of key “pain points” in the programs in place,
3) recommending alternative, value added solutions to implement (both program related and cultural) at both the strategic and practical level, and
4) Designing a framework along with an overall implementation plan and key communication messages and their delivery approach.
QUALIFICATIONS/AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Completion of first year of an Master degree by the time the internship begins in June; MBA/MSHR desirable
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to work independently and with a high level of agility.
- Demonstrated skills and capabilities in analytical and critical thinking, complex problem solving, and team leadership
- Ability to facilitate and work on a cross functional team
- Ability to ask the “right questions” to assess the culture and work environment and articulate alternative solutions
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influence skills for a cross functional team environment
- Excellent PC skills – experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Solid grasp of financial fundamentals and concepts.
Becton Dickinson - 9 months ago