De Marillac Academy seeks a highly motivated, experienced, and mission-centered individual to join our school community. De Marillac provides a private, tuition-free education that focuses on academic excellence in a values-based environment. Co-sponsored by the Daughters of Charity and De La Salle Christian Brothers, De Marillac offers a Catholic school education to low-income students from all faith and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood. In 2001, De Marillac opened with a class of 19 sixth graders. Today De Marillac serves 120 fourth through eighth grade students, 183 alumni, and 200 families in our school community.
The Technical Support Specialist will join the school at an exciting time. Currently in its thirteenth year, De Marillac has demonstrated a consistent commitment to technology, access, and innovation across all levels of the school: students, alumni, faculty, staff, and administration. The Technical Support Specialist provides user-support services to students, faculty, and administrative departments such as the Development and Finance offices. The role requires a close working relationship with the administration, faculty, and staff.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with computers, a familiarity with educational technology and Smartboard utilization, and comfort with user-support services. Systems-thinking, communication skills, and the ability to take initiative will aid this individual in creating processes and procedures to best support the school’s recent technological growth. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to play a critical role in directing De Marillac’s growth in breaking the cycle of poverty through education.
The Technical Support Specialist is a part-time, year-round, exempt position. Initial responsibilities will require daily, on-site presence and will constitute approximately 20 hours per week, with certain weeks requiring up to 30 hours of availability. De Marillac Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has an institutional commitment to diversity. People of all faiths are encouraged to apply, but candidates must be comfortable with the Catholic tradition and faith-based education and activities that are central to the school’s mission.
Required Qualifications: 4 year Bachelor's Degree, and at least 2 years of IT experience
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Windows 7/8 client OS
- Windows 2008/2012 AD administration
- Office 365 (and onsite Exchange 2010) administration
- Sharepoint 2010 (on-premises)
- Microsoft Windows client imaging technologies, setup and maintenance of all computer and peripheral
- Ability to demonstrate consistent follow-through on assigned tasks
- Helpdesk ticketing system experience and demonstrated time management capabilities
Additional Preferred Technical Skills:
- Mac OS X, *nix (Ubuntu, Red Hat, SuSE), iOS and Android support experience
- Understanding of firewall concepts and rules (IP Tables, PF, Sonicwall, Cisco)
- Familiarity with MSSQL and Apache/Tomcat/MySQL
- Familiarity with setting up networks and general IP networking knowledge
- Familiarity with VoIP concepts, VLANs, QoS, OSI model, network monitoring
Application Procedures: Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to the email provided. Position open until filled. See www.demarillac.org for more information about De Marillac Academy.