An independent subsidiary of WellPoint, Inc, National Government Services (NGS) is one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, serving nearly 200,000 providers and suppliers and over 20 million customers with Medicare in 20 states and five
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
Responsible for analyzing, reporting and developing recommendations on data related to multiple, varied business metrics. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, makes necessary recommendations, and develops ad hoc reports as needed.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools
- Creating and Writing Macros to help process Claims in various mainframe systems.
- Prior experience Part B and Part A Claims process systems MCS and FISS highly preferred
W W ellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers. EOE
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field; 2-4 years related operational and/or data analysis experience; experience in database structures, and standard query and reporting tools; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Medicare Operations experience a plus. Experience with Business Intelligence tools preferred. Strong Excel Background with emphasis on Pivot Tables
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
you for bank account information when you are applying for a job.
- WARNING: Please beware of phishing scams. Our company will never ask
Similar Job Postings
CareMore Program Analyst
Health Information Cons...
WFM Real-Time Analyst I...
Business Information Se...
Bus Info Consultant (EDW)
WellPoint - 19 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an...