Scope of the position:|
Sales Engineer Private Networks
Maximize sales of all Corning Cable System’s products to the Private Networks (PN) Sales market within the assigned territory. Plan, implement and manage PN sales effort in assigned territory.
Education Requirements: BS/BA or equivalent degree or experience
- Meet or exceed sales budgets for all telecommunications products assigned.
- Operate within assigned selling expense and promotional item budget.
- Through regular sales calls, generate preference for Corning Cable Systems’ products over that of competitors.
- Ensure a balanced mix of sales call to end users, contractors, cable assembly houses and consultants.
- Manage to maximum efficiency the NPI contractor program and Consultant LinkUp Program in your territory.
- Provide timely call report summaries using Sales Force.Com. Maintain and keep current a territory Opportunity Project Board of all projects valued above $50K in your territory.
- Submit monthly reports and expense reports to the Regional Manager on time.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of the personal computer with special emphasis on Lotus Notes, Sales Force.Com, Excel, PowerPoint and Word for Windows.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the customer’s business to recognize opportunities and be perceived by the customer as a problem solver and professional partner.
- Completely understand Corning Cable System’s products and their applications.
- Work with internal Product Line to address specific customer product needs.
- Coordinate selected sales calls with primary distributor representatives to maximize sales penetration with non-contract customers.
- Provide ongoing training to these distributors to assist them in effectively selling Corning Cable System’s product solutions.
- Direct the activities of Corning Cable Systems staff support functions (i.e., Customer Services,
- Engineering Services, Corporate Communications, Legal and Customer Financial Services) in meeting all customer needs.
- Recognize new opportunity.
- Provide Regional Managers, Product Line Managers and Marketing Managers with newly recognized product opportunities and their estimated business potential.
- Communicate competitive information obtained from all sources to specific Product Line Managers and PN Marketing and PN Sales.
- Maintain positive customer relationships across key functional areas including appropriate executive level interaction.
- Participate in regional trade shows and conventions within territory to promote Corning Cable Systems’ products and support targeted distributor’s sales efforts.
- As a field representative of Corning Cable Systems, convey the highest level of professionalism in behavior and appearance and help to fulfill all customer expectations of Corning Cable Systems as a World Class supplier.
Experience Requirements: Two (2) years of sales, marketing or engineering experience. Strong product knowledge.
Additional Skill Requirements:
Apply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG and search with the Req#170295
- Proven interpersonal skills, i.e. ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility, to influence and again closure, and to work within a team structure.
- Must possess strong initiative, resiliency, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in an unstructured environment with minimum supervision from a home based office located in Dallas, Texas.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
To know more about Corning, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com
Corning Cable Systems is a leading manufacturer of fiber optic and copper communications system solutions for voice, data and video network applications worldwide. Corning Cable Systems is wholly owned by Corning Incorporated.
Corning Cable Systems offers the broadest range of end-to-end fiber optic and copper product solutions for customers' telecommunications networks. Our customer-focused solutions include cables, connectors, and related hardware, and network services that include network design, project management, installation and maintenance, equipment rental and training programs.
To know more about Corning Cable Systems, visit us at: http://www.corningcablesystems.com/
ENGINEERING.com - 13 months ago
Corning Cable Systems believes that fiber is an important part of an industrial diet. The company makes fiber-optic cables and networking pr...