The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following duties.
Responsible for Environmental Health and Safety matters and furnishes professional advice concerning such matters to the Director Quality/EH&S.
Participates, as member of the management team, in formulation and establishing organizational policies and operating procedures for the company.
Conducts safety and health inspections, recommends measures to eliminate or control hazardous practices and conditions which may cause mishaps, and prepares supplemental written safety procedures for applications to local organizational components.
Supervises, controls, and implements the environmental and energy conservation programs and ensures all required environmental permits and certifications for applicable agencies are obtained and necessary documentation and reports are submitted as required.
Coordinate with the customer and government officials at the Federal, State, and local levels to develop plans and strategies to ensure regulatory compliance on all environmental matters and to provide required inspections and preparation of associated documentation.
Oversees laboratory services, hazardous waste management, emergency response, asbestos abatement, underground storage tank management, and the various environmental and energy conservation programs.
Utilizes knowledge, regulations and technical publications to perform periodic site inspections or works areas for compliance with applicable occupational safety standards.
Conducts safety meetings and training to advise employees and supervisors of appropriate safety and occupational health measures to control or eliminate hazardous operating processes or environmental conditions.
Prepares and disseminates memos and reports related to safety, health and workers compensation programs.
Ensures compliance with company and contract policies and procedures and Ethical programs.
Able to work any assigned shift or schedule, including mission support outside normal duty hours and travel as required to support mission requirements.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in developing and implementing environmental, health and safety programs in an aviation/industrial setting.
- Demonstrated experience in developing worker exposure assessment and air monitoring programs and techniques with a working knowledge of state and federal occupational safety and health regulations.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or related experience in a management position.
- Must be able to maintain in force a valid driver's license.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
The following skills and abilities are required:
- good communication skill both written and verbal
- to read and interpret documents such as environment/safety regulations, rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- problem analysis and independent decision making.
- to synthesize and retain information and make decisions according to standard policies and procedures.
- to discern priorities; in intra and inter-personal relations.
- to obtain Security Clearance as needed.
- to create, enter, retrieve and print from software packages such as; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...