Works under the supervision of the On-site Coordinator for coffee shop services to include setup, ordering and stocking of supplies, processing of requisitions, equipment and overall area cleanliness. Responsible for all facets of coffee shop service to include: preparation and setup of work stations; efficient service to customers; maintenance of work stations during hours of operation; stocking of serving ware, beverage areas and dining areas; cash handling and product accountability. Performs daily cleaning of coffee shop area, equipment and furnishings insuring compliance with state and county health regulations and JCAHO standard. Performs other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting or exceeding the established Standards of Performance.
2. Accounts and maintains orderliness and cleanliness of coffee shop equipment, supplies and storage areas as well as orders and restocks.
3. Maintains a good working relationship with coffee shop customers and accommodates service requests.
4. Sets up and replenishes food and supplies for coffee shop meal service.
5. Cleans coffee shop equipment, furnishings, and spaces to maintain sanitation standards.
6. Serves/attends to customers courteously and without delay and is immediately available.
7. Operates cash register according to departmental cash procedures, ensuring that all food items are accounted for, rung-up, and cash is collected or items are accurately charged for.
8. Requisitions food and supplies maintaining appropriate stock levels of designated item such as napkins, cups, plastic wares, beverage items, and condiments.
9. Serves menu items using portion control.
10. Properly stores, labels, and dates all food product.
11. Posts menu board items and prices prior to meal service times.
12. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of designated areas such as register stands, beverage, and condiment areas, dining areas, service line areas, and keeping area free of debris.
13. Handles cash and related duties according to departmental policies and procedures.
14. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
15. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
16. Maintains and adjusts personal schedule to enhance team performance.
17. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of the medical center on a daily basis.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None.
3. Experience: One year of food service experience.
4. Essential Technical / Motor Skills: Ability to operate cash register and handle cash.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact with co-workers, patients, and guests in a positive manner.
6. Essential Physical Requirements: a) daily work is moderate to heavy; b: must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; c) involves standing 95% of the workday; d) may require some pushing and/or pulling of kitchen equipment, carts and/or supplies up to 10% of the time.
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Ability to communicate, read, and write effectively and follow directions. Strong mathematical skills.
8. Essential Sensory Requirements: Must have sense of sight and hearing.
9. Exposure to Hazards: Daily exposure to hazardous chemicals, wet floors. Daily use of hot electrical which may cause burns.
10. Other - Hours of Work: Flexible due to department needs. Workweek includes weekends and holidays. “On-call” for emergency situations.
11. Population Served: Patients, co-workers, employees and guests of the Medical Center .
New Hanover Regional Medical Center - 3 years ago