Responsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an
exceptional shopping experience to every customer
through established company guidelines concerning sales,
customer service, and staff training and development.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be
documented separately. The employee might not be
required to perform all functions listed. Additional
duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- Demonstrated ability to increase the company’s overall
philosophy around the basic P’s of retail. The basic P’s
- Demonstrate the ability to drive and teach the company
of retail include but are not limited to:
? People ? Position
? Product ? Presentation
? Price ? Promotion
and utilize the company guidelines outlining
- Demonstrate the ability to merchandise strategically
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and
- Conduct weekly competitive shops.
- Communicate pricing and/or inventory issues to the
business reports in order to be in the best
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and work all
merchandising, in-stock and pricing position. Reports
include but are not limited to the following:
? Profit Los statements (P&L)
? Category Performance Report (CPR)
? Business Analysis Tool Report (BAT)
? Store Purchase Order Analysis Report (STPOA)
? Store Price Change Report (STPRC)
sale systems to maintain accurate inventory, cycle
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and point of
counts, and profit and loss management, including
shipping and receiving of inventory.
employees by following established guidelines and
- Guarantee safety and security of customers and
procedures regarding loss prevention and risk
and enhancing seamless customer service focus by
- Assist the General Manager in supporting, modeling,
creating an environment that is friendly, helpful,
knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers.
exceed expectations to support brand consistency.
- Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or
peak traffic periods.
- Ensure maximum scheduling coverage especially during
- Review and assess the performance of associates on a
- Train, develop and supervise and define workload
communicate ideas to General Manager.
- Monitor associate retention and career development;
policy violations of associates through administration
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and
of disciplinary action and performance counseling.
business planning processes.
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and
company expectations and systems.
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support
human resources or loss prevention issues as necessary.
- Assist the General Manager in handling store level
- Available to open and/or close the store in an
essential functions of the job.
- Regular attendance and a full-time commitment are
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
- Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and
- Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, and
judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and
to change with a sense of urgency.
- High school graduate or equivalent. College degree
proven ability direct operations.
- Three to five years retail management experience and
general nature and level of work being performed by
- This position description is intended to describe the
people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be
inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is
subject to change at any time.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all
essential functions. In addition to other demands, the
demands of the job include:
customers, vendors, applicants, and staff, in group
- Maintain composure in dealing with executives,
settings and in situations requiring high performance
with customers and store personnel; maneuver around
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately
sales floor, warehouse and store office; lift and carry
up to 50 lbs.
weekends, store openings and closings according to the
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights,
needs of the business.
- Telephone and/or cellular telephone
- Copier, Scanner, Fax
- Fork Lift
Floor and Decor - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...