Title: Tram Cabin Conductor
Department: MRT Tram Operations Hours of Work: 30-4 0 hours
Category: Seasonal FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Grade Level: DOE Date Approved: 2/9/2013
Reports to (Supervises/Liaison): Tram Operations Supervisor
Under the direction of the Tram Operations Supervisor, is responsible for loading/unloading passengers on/off a tramway cabin and acting as a conductor inside the cabin during passenger transport.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- On a daily or shift basis, and in accordance with GATI’s policies & procedures and in accordance with all ANSI B-77 guidelines, is the sole cabin conductor or attendant who is responsible for the safe and orderly traffic of passengers on/off a tramway cabin;
- Advises and assists passengers.
- Maintains surveillance of his/her jurisdiction; has authority to slow or stop the movement of the cabin when entering the loading dock, whenever wind conditions or another condition/situation might cause damage to the cabin or danger to the passengers.
- Advises the Tram Operator in charge of the control room of any unusual or improper occurrences or adverse weather conditions; if a condition develops in which continued operation might endanger passenger safety, the Tram Cabin Conductor may immediately stop the tram and advise the Tram Operator.
- Keeps current on training received on operating procedures related to enclosed cabins, loading/unloading, control center communications and customer service interaction.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn on proper use of manual switches under his/her control; load limits; passenger capacity; emergency evacuation equipment and procedures, and applicable safety procedures.
- Coordinate with the janitorial staff, shall practice good housekeeping, with particular emphasis on preventing the development of any condition contributing to personal injury; tasks might include cabin cleaning, window cleaning and/or deck area sweeping/mopping.
- Might receive daily guidance, training or work assignments from the shift Tram Operator in the absence of the Tram Operations Supervisor.
- Recognize and communicate, immediately, problems that would interfere with the safe operation of the tram;
- Knowledge or willingness to learn how to follow emergency evacuation procedures, handle emergency or stressful situations in a calm manner, and assist with evacuating the cabin;
- Ability to work as team member
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Ability to meet time and attendance requirements
- Ability to work all different shifts including holidays and weekends
- Ability to handle stress under pressure
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to physically climb out of the tramway cabin during Rescue Car Evacuation under the direction of the Director of Maintenance and Operations and/or the Tram Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ability to physically rope evacuates passengers and self from cabin.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn, understand and follow verbal and written instructions/directions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to guests those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Prior Tram Operations experience.
- Current CPR and first aid certificates;
- Drug testing may be required.
Constant movement in/out of an aerial tramway cabin up/down a 1800 ft. elevation; exposed to inclement weather conditions(rain, wind, snow); constant public interaction and communication; constant exposure to extreme heights; possible exposure to dangerous situations during emergency evacuations. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas