Credit Analyst 3 (Asset Manager)
Working within a team of mortgage professionals, the Asset Manager (AM) is responsible for the overall asset management administration of an assigned portfolio of Freddie Mac, pre and post securitized CMBS as well as investor portfolio multifamily loans. Specifically the AM is responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting the performance and risk characteristics of their assigned portfolio of multifamily mortgage loans. This will involve traveling to the real estate to perform physical inspections, review of third party reports,analyzing the property s operating statements, and providing credit support services to the borrower. The size of the portfolio may vary but will fall between 120 and 130 loans with an average loan size of approximately $15 million.
5+ years credit analysis experience.
5+ years of multifamily work experience, which would include a similar role in banking, mortgage finance, property management or asset management.
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, real estate or a related field.
- MBA degree.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial real estate asset management, real estate finance, underwriting, origination, and/or servicing.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing complex loan documents, intercreditor documents and deal documents.
- Strong credit and risk management exposure.
- Strategic thinker capable of critically evaluating stakeholder value.
- Detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills. are each equally important in this role.
- Ability to multi-task, achieve tight timeframes, and stay organized.
- Experience with financial analysis, real estate and property management operations, market knowledge, mortgage and legal documents, and credit risk analysis.
- Requires travel (15% or more). Most travel is scheduled in advance, but on occasion the travel will be immediate with little or no forward planning. A valid driver s license is required to travel.
- A professional image is fundamental to this role due to the amount of external in-person contact involved in this position.
Wells Fargo - 13 months ago