Reference Librarian Faculty
Full-time, tenure track position in the Library to serve as a reference librarian and liaison to selected academic departments. This position is responsible for reference, collection development, and library and information literacy instruction, and will serve as liaison to the College’s Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, and Physical Education departments. As part of a dynamic organization, specific assignments may change based on institutional needs.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
This position is available August 2013. Starting salaries are dependent on education and experience. College of DuPage also offers a generous benefits plan. Teaching at College of DuPage is enhanced and enlivened through institutional support of faculty creatively engaging in instructional development, research to improve student learning and remaining current in their field of specialty.
- An ALA-accredited master’s degree with a minimum of three years professional experience or equivalent is required.
- Experience in library instruction, reference, and collection development is also required as is educational background or experience in designated subject areas with which the librarian will work.
- Additional required skills include MS Office and Windows skills and excellent interpersonal, communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Three years experience as an academic librarian is preferred. Web page production and basic desktop publication skills are also preferred.
- The above qualifications may be substituted by equivalent education, skills and experience.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. College of DuPage is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its faculty.
To apply please submit your electronic application, unofficial transcripts, a cover letter including a list of three references, a statement of teaching philosophy, and current curriculum vita. Only complete application packets will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Received by Employee:
Exercised by Employee:
EQUIPMENT AND/OR MACHINES USED:
Evening and weekend hours and some service at off-campus COD sites may be required.