We are looking for a talented IT Service Desk Supervisor in our Birmingham location. This individual will oversee the operational effectiveness of the Help Desk and will work closely with and report to the Service Desk Manager. The IT Supervisor ensures that the Help Desk team is delivering great customer service, meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and is managing incident restoration.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meeting customer service expectations entails monitoring and reporting on performance metrics such as the number of calls received, the number of calls closed on first contact, the number of open calls and the number of open aged calls.
- The IT Service Desk Supervisor will maintain communications with the Service Desk Manager to review and enhance procedures and methodology, thereby promoting continuous improvement of the Service Desk.
- Responsible for performance evaluations and related compensation recommendations, discipline, training of assigned staff to ensure operational effectiveness of group. (including but not limited to completing appropriate documentation, new employee paperwork submission, quarterly reviews, review and maintenance of weekly performance reports, scheduling including remote shift schedule, holiday coverage, vacation, sick and comp time tracking...)
- Manages the activities and personnel associated with providing technical services to internal and external customers.
- Act as a point of escalation during prime and non-prime hours, for sensitive, high profile issues, keeping the Service Desk Manager properly updated
- Provide call statistics to Service Desk manager on daily and weekly accomplishments. Respond to ad hoc requests for statistics from CUSTOMER management and/or support partners.
- Drive the Help Desk team and instill a customer service culture that over delivers.
- Act as a technical escalation point for Help Desk Technicians.
- Approve inter team escalations and oversee the incident to completion.
- Develop inter and intra team processes that promote efficiency and communications excellence.
- Oversee the prompt completion of breached SLA tickets.
- Track trouble ticket resolution metrics against SLAs.
- Measure and report on service delivery performance metrics including customer satisfaction surveys and trouble ticket open, closed and breached statistics.
- Produce SLA exception reports and investigate the root cause of the SLA breach.
- Liaise with business units that have IT services demands to understand business drivers.
- Provide phone, email and chat support as required 40+ hours per week.
- Answer phone calls from Help Desk queue.
- Comply with established goals for performance.
- Answer functionality and technical questions regarding the software we support.
- Exhibit and maintain high standards of customer service.
- Log call details as per defined standards in Help Desk Ticketing system.
- All other assigned duties as assigned.
Cigna - 2 years ago
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....