Grade 07 $12.51 - $16.27/hr (midpoint)
Cheyenne Regional Physicians Group
Cheyenne Childrens Clinic
High School graduate or equivalent required
Provides basic patient care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient care within the scope of his/her training and experience.
1. Provides direct patient care including but not limited to assistance with bathing, eating, dressing, and walking patients. Keeps a record of care given. Takes vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory rate) when appropriate. Turns and repositions bedridden patients to prevent breakdown of their skin. Changes bed linens as necessary.
2. Transports patients and equipment as needed within the facility.
3. Monitors patients and reports any variances to the RN for further assessment. May monitor unit camera as needed and notify staff of patient activity.
4. Works collaboratively with the RN in charge to meet physicians, coworkers, management and other department needs. May provide unit support as needed, which may include answering and relaying patient calls, accepting and relaying other communications, transcribing physician orders, performing clerical tasks, completing and maintaining reports and records, or ordering supplies.
5. Completes mandatory education and contact education requirements.
ROLE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
CNA/SITTER: Assigned to provide 1:1 observation for patient safety. Receives report from primary nurses, including reason(s) for requiring additional observation, appropriate interventions, ADLS for the shift, and any other pertinent information relevant to the care of the patient.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
- High school diploma or GED
- Licensed as a CNA in the State of Wyoming
ALL CNA's/TECH's ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE 12 CEU's ANNUALLY
- Prior acute care experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- 2 years ago - save job