As the Laboratory Supervisor you will supervise and coordinate the operation and staff of a Laboratory discipline or shift, monitor testing procedures and protocols used in the section, seek and implement solutions to issues relating to processing and data performance and participate in all QA/QC activities that affect the Laboratory section and patient care.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational performance.
- Coordinates staffing, material requirements and equipment needs.
- Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved work-flow changes, procedures and protocols. Implements System/Department policies and government regulations, and monitors compliance.
- Maintains quality control activities and records.
- Ensures maintenance and calibration of equipment to assure proper functioning.
- Assists with preparation of and compliance with the approved operating budget.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related degree, required.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (or Cytotechnologist, as appropriate to area of assignment).
- Minimum of six (6) years pertinent clinical laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying of which two (2) years have been spent working with in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctorial level.
- Knowledge of related theory, principles, practices, applicable instrumentation, analytical methods, quality control, statistical analysis, current government regulations and leadership.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- 2 years ago - save job
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...