Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
General Description: Provides screening, assessment, treatment planning, case management, and crisis intervention to children/adolescents and adults.
Education & Qualifications:
- Required to be available weekend, evenings, nights and holidays as scheduled.
- Certification of CPR and First Aid Training
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work), & Motor Vehicle clearance.
- Good academic and working knowledge of DSM IV, State SMI check list, Community Resources, Psychotropic Medications, Crisis Intervention, Clinical Methods and Procedures, Intervention Techniques and ability to apply same to possible unstable, treatment resistant adult/adolescent/child of various ethnic cultures for co-occurring disorders (GMH/SA/SMI). To include one year of clinical supervision experience in a behavioral health setting.
- Knowledge and ability to function as a team, compile, organize, and document client assessments, intervention techniques, treatments, case planning and follow-up.
- Ability to participate in setting and defining project goals, objectives, and delivery of service modes, represent projects and actively participate in inter-agency, inter-disciplinary meetings.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, provide quality internal and external customer service skills to effectively dialogue with all contract and funding sources.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required