The Software Developer II is responsible for system analysis, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and installing portions of new systems and modification of existing systems. The position requires expertise in application and database design, software implementation and graphical user interface design. In order to be successful the incumbent should be a fast learner with an ability to easily grasp new technologies, software and IT architecture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new applications, modify and maintain existing software, working closely with end-users, IT peers and management
- Make changes to prevent recurrence, modifying existing code and faulty files, writing and running special programs
- Document the new applications, or the changes made to existing applications
- Participate in unit, integration, and business acceptance testing of the applications.
- Troubleshoot application and system issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s in related field preferred
- 2-6 years of experience in a related area (with degree); 4-8 years (without a degree)
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within software development.
- Demonstrated level of creativity and latitude is required
- Familiar with relational database concepts and software development lifecycles.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Experience with C#, SQL, Visual Basic, ASP.Net, Powerbuilder, Silverlight
- Experience in Financial Services, Payroll or related business preferred
- Works under general supervision.