Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier retailer of home furnishings, culinary and serving equipment, and specialty foods and cooking ingredients in the United States and Canada. Our brands, including Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Teen, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home, are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels - retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet. Among all of our brands, we cover every room in the house: from the kitchen to the living room, bedroom, home office, and even the hall closet.
West Elm - Since our first catalog launch in 2002; our brand, our stores, our story is continually evolving. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart, hard working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community, and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand. Our corporate office is located in the D.U.M.B.O district of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a community driven company and are happy to call Brooklyn our home.
Manage the creative look and feel of West Elm's Catalog, which could include Main, Version, and International Editions. Manage workflow of design and partner strongly with production to ensure correct imagery and copy are tied together with the desired layout. Manage/interface with external cross functional partners in creative, photo, and production.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Hands-on layout design from concept, passing to production, and refining files for type close.
- Facilitate creative process including creative concept phase and pagination and creation of catalog layouts for photo shoots.
- Ensure highest design standards are maintained.
- Self-Manage project scope to ensure realistic goals for schedules and content can be met.
- Establish and oversee schedules for design and layout reviews.
- Provide direction to other graphic designers and partner with production counterparts.
- Communicate and partner with copy department to maintain and advance editorial voice.
- Align design with needs of merchant counterparts.
- Help coordinate and strategize content/approach for catalog design with Creative Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining project from concept to design to production closing.
- Will be proficient in leading a project from start to finish.
- Familiar with WE design style.
- Research new typography and evolve layouts and templates to ensure a unique and forward looking style for the West Elm brand.
- Comfortable presenting creative ideation to senior leaders.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Five years of relevant experience - ideally in a retail or catalog environment with a lifestyle-oriented brand
- Strong graphic design, layout, typography, image manipulation, and color correction skills
- Art, photography, and writing experience a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-direct and be adaptive to change in a reactive and promotional brand.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Design.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - 2 years ago
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...