Markit Indices is a leading independent provider of financial indices across all major asset classes.
We own, manage and calculate the world’s leading independent bond indices (Markit iBoxx), credit derivative indices (e.g., Markit CDX, Markit iTraxx), structured finance indices (e.g., Markit ABX, Markit CMBX), and arrange innovative equity and environmental indices. Our indices are used by banks, asset managers and other financial institutions to create and manage financial products, manage investment risk, and for research.
Markit is the largest independent index provider for fixed income ETFs in Europe and America.
We also offer a bespoke index service that provides clients such as investment banks and asset managers with tailor-made indices according to their specifications. The service covers design, testing, set-up and daily calculation and publication.
This is the lead product position for all Markit Structured Finance Indices (ABX, CMBX, IOS, TRX, PrimeX). The position requires acquired expertise on all indices and industry competency. As the team lead for the Structured Finance Indices, a successful candidate will be on the front lines of all Structured Finance initiatives, and will be deeply involved in index operations, client communication, index launching & marketing, and product development. The position requires coordination and competency within all Structured Finance products, and is ideal for a proactive, energetic candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to operate independently.
Duties & accountabilities
- Organizing and launching new Structured Finance Index rolls
- Daily communication and relationship management with client front, middle, and back offices
- Cross department interaction for development of new products
- Structured Finance Sales support
- Development and management of products surrounding indices as well as new products
- Serving as product expert for client support, questions, and disputes
- Staying abreast of the development of asset-backed securities and ABS/CMBS markets
Education and experience
- Bachelors Degree is required
- Minimum 3 years of buy-side or sell-side experience required
- Experience with ABS asset classes or comparable experience with Markit Index products required
- Familiarity with Intex Desktop, ABS cashflow structures, and pricing ABS securities
- Familiarity with recent financial regulations (Dodd Frank, EMIR, Basel III)
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Knowledge of SQL preferred
- Knowledge of the business model and use of indices in cash and synthetic markets
- Experience with using/trading/valuing some or all of the Structured Finance Indices.
- Management experience required, ideal candidates must have experience managing a team, preferably across multiple function (development, product, sales)
- Successful candidates must have a demonstrated self motivation and the ability to operate independently.
- Strong relationships and reputation within buy-side and sell-side community required
- Team lead will be expected to interact and learn about every aspect of Markit’s business (sales, other product lines) to properly represent the product and company and to stay abreast of potential internal/external partnerships.
- Team Lead will work within the larger index group, which includes analysts, developers, sales, and management. Ideal candidate will proven ability to coordinate across all of these levels within an organization.
Markit is a leading, global financial information services company with over 2,500 employees. The company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset classes in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Its client base includes the most significant institutional participants in the financial marketplace. For more information, please see http://www.markit.com
Markit - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Who needs vowels? 'mktg, inc.' provides a menu of integrated marketing services, primarily for manufacturers of packaged goods and...