Sleepy Giant is a leading co-publisher and service provider across all digital platforms. We partner with forward-thinking IP owners to launch, operate, and grow entertainment publishing platforms. Some of our partners we work with include Activision, Disney, Sea World, and Ubisoft. Sleepy Giant is an independent, privately owned company, based in Newport Beach, CA, with offices in Culver City and Chicago.
If you’re a smart, talented individual looking for a fun, fast-paced, and stimulating work environment, where your contributions can (and will) make a difference, then Sleepy Giant is the place for you.
What it's all about:
This is a great opportunity for an entry level System Administrator who wants to move up the ranks at a fast pace, growing company supporting infrastructures for large scale online video games. This position is for night time hours from 10PM PDT - 8AM PDT, M-Fri.
Additional Possible Responsibilities:
- Review Infra JIRA for “lost” issues (basic cleanup of tickets)
- Push alarm tickets that went unhandled during the day back to their respective owners for review/resolution
- Handle Infra-related “helpdesk” issues
- 24 hour turnaround time on all helpdesk requests
- Maintenance checklists
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly systems engineering checklists for ALL projects
- Security auditing & monitoring
- Disk usage monitoring
- Home directory management (clean up)
- Server patching & updates
- Maintenance Window Support
- Overnight Deployment Support
- First-response to systems engineering alarms while on shift for all projects
- First-response to devops alarms while on shift - act as a triage
- Propose and implement new kinds of monitors
- Write new tools for systems engineering and devops that span all projects
- Logwatch digest
- Self healing alarms
- Sendmail analyzer
- Security monitoring tools
- At least 1+ years Linux system’s and network administration experience
- Must be able to script and program in languages such as perl and shell
- Must understand application deployment and troubleshooting
- Able to quickly perform problem isolation in an online environment
- B.S. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, IT Management or equivalent experience
You Can Look Forward To:
- Linux (specifically current CentOS and Debian), understanding of file system layout differences and installation tools used
- Web architecture stacks including ability to fully install, configure and trouble shoot all of its components
- Basic shell scripting in all standard Linux shells
- Troubleshooting of shell, php and python scripts
- Server and application level communication protocols (eg HTTP, XML, JSON, SOAP, XML-RPC) and ability to isoloate transport and communication problem related to each.
- VPN and various firewalls including iptables
- Network monitoring tools such as Nagios, MRTG, Munin or other SNMP tools
- Linux and Windows servers including clustering
- VMWare and virtualization
- Our team is talented and small - your contribution will matter.
- Growth opportunities. The company plans on growing quickly. As we grow, there will be advancement opportunities for management, software architecture, etc.
- Great perks! We are committed to our team's high quality of life, including an excellent benefits package:
- Full medical, dental, vision. benefits
- Fully stocked pantry and bagel Mondays
- Paid vacations days
Sleepy Giant - 17 months ago