Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER™, snowmobiles and Victory motorcycles for recreational and utility use and has recently introduced a new on-road electric powered neighborhood vehicle. Polaris is a recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ORVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all-new American-made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years are making in-roads into the cruiser and touring motorcycle marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.
Work within the Polaris Accessories division to prepare design, layouts and drawings according to engineering specifications or own ideas, using PRO/E. Responsible for all data required to develop a design and carry it through to production via our suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Creates and executes complex design, drafting, and layout drawings.
2. Reviews engineering drawings and supporting documents to verify GD&T and adherence to company or Industry standard practices.
3. Analyzes design options, confers with necessary staff to resolve details not completely defined; or, generates design concepts with layout indicating alternative designs and recommended solutions.
4. Determines tooling requirements
5. Use Pro/E design software to model, design and document engineering data.
6. Develop/design procedures, models of parts, assemblies and layouts.
7. Coordinates completion of production drawings by drafting support staff through release cycle.
8. Analyzes drawings to evaluate cost reduction opportunities.
9. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Two year degree in mechanical drafting and design technology. Bachelors degree a bonus.
3. Minimum of 2-5 years design/drafting experience.
4. Experience designing castings, forging, machined components.
5. Proven track record and extensive experience on Pro/E and Pro/Intralink CAD systems.
Fast paced office environment
Up to 20% travel
Polaris Industries - 14 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...