Under direct supervision of the Pharmacist prepares medications for dispensing and performs other pharmacy functions as needed in accordance with standards and regulations. |
Pharmacy Services Coordinator/As Assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Must meet the minimum requirements to be registered through the respective state board of pharmacy (requirements vary by state). In North Dakota the requirements are one year of full time college or university must be completed in a pre-pharmacy program. In Minnesota, the requirements are one year must be completed in a professional pharmacy program (third year in school as the first 2 years are the pre-pharmacy courses). Must have a familiarity with drug products, pharmacy procedures, and medical terminology.
Must maintain annual registration as an Undergraduate Pharmacy Intern through the respective State Board of Pharmacy.
Job Specific Competencies
- Prepares IV admixtures, oral medications, and other products dispensed by the pharmacist to ensure proper administration.
- Maintains adequate supplies in assigned area so that medications are dispensed in a timely and efficient manner and are available for the customer, including legend drug products and over-the-counter medications.
- Keep records up-to-date to ensure accuracy and proper billing procedures.
- Continues pharmacy education at any state pharmacy board approved college or school of pharmacy.
- Provides product counseling to patients, as allowed by state law.
- Assists and directs processes of medication and supply procurement, product substitution, inventory management, delivery; ensures adequate inventory levels to meet patient need.
- Accepts and processes payments for prescriptions and over the counter products in an efficient and courteous manner. Balances cash register.
- Ensures over the counter products are displayed in an attractive manner.
- Maintenance of expired OTC (over the counter) merchandise removal and return for credit.
- Receives customer prescription orders, enters in customer census and insurance information for new accounts and verifies information on existing accounts.
- Performs other service duties as needed in an efficient manner to ensure smooth work flow and to contribute to service productivity.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 17 months ago