Duties & Responsibilities: Performs a variety clerical functions/processes for the Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC). Position responsible for processing WIC clients such as enroll, vouchers, daily and monthly reports. Detailed oriented; must be able to work efficiently and independently. Self-starter. Fast paced work environment. MUST be organized. MUST pass periodic WIC proficiency program audits and complete disclosure of family members receiving WIC services.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Serves as liaison between the program/administrative/technical operation and clients; determines the nature of client's business and provides appropriate information and assistance. Refers to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Responsible for the issuance of vouchers to participants of the Georgia WIC Program.
- Conducts comprehensive clerical research using a variety of resources to generate reports and respond to requests.
- Enters data from forms, records and/ore reports using a computer. Codes information as appropriate. Prepares memos, correspondence, forms and other documents.
- Follows security procedures over all WIC documents and equipment as set forth by the Georgia WIC Branch Policies and Procedures.
- Meets state requirements on System Maintenance Indicators.
- Provides quality customer service to all participants.
- Retrieves, screens, opens and distributes incoming mail. Prepares for delivery and sends outgoing documents and other materials. Copies and distributes documents and other materials.
- Maintains filing and record keeping systems.
High school diploma or GED and two years of related experience OR One year at the lower level or at an equivalent position OR Two years of college or Associate degree.
Previous Public Health and WIC experience. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English Language). Computer experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data entry, etc.) Must demonstrate excellent customer service and oral communication skills, to effectively interact with all levels of departmental personnel and outside customers. Work requires ability to manage multiple duties simultaneously
Additional Information: **Position primarily to serve in Henry WIC Clinic**
(Position Opened Until Filled)
Only those selected for interview will receive notice.
- Equal Opportunity Employer*
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to:
Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting & Reference Checks
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
State of Georgia - 13 months ago
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...