Atom CPU Performance Architect
This position is part of the performance team for Atom processors and SOCs located in Austin, TX. The team is responsible for evaluating various micro-architecture options, performance modeling, and performance validation. Primary job responsibility will be to carry out micro-architectural definition, modeling, develop cycle accurate architectural timing models, account for performance/power tradeoffs, performance correlation and benchmark/workload analysis/characterization. Job responsibilities also include developing performance directed tests, interacting with microprocessor architects, RTL and microprocessor design/implementation teams to identify, and resolve and document architectural performance issues.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must have an MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years experience with computer architecture and micro-architecture
- Minimum 3 years experience in C/C++ programming in UNIX environment
- 3+ years of experience with multi-threaded execution driven simulator development and performance evaluation
- 3+ years of experience with performance modeling issues and design tradeoffs in micro-architecture development
- 2+ years experience using hardware performance models to analyze bottlenecks and to find optimizations in computer architecture features
- 2+ years experience with computing systems including operating system and compilers
USA-Oregon, Hillsboro, USA-Arizona, Phoenix
Sep 6, 2012
Sep 6, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 19 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...