Senior Systems Administrator|
Evaluates, designs, and maintains LAN and connections to WAN. Troubleshoots LAN and data network problems. Administers site LAN and connected servers. Performs occasional programming in multiple scripting languages. Operates under minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions/Accountabilities:
- Good communication skills are necessary to keep staff productive, escalate issues
regarding services managed at other global sites and in the cloud and to keep
- Detailed understanding of operating system concepts and internet services and tools
- Detailed understanding of distributed computing environment concepts, including NFS,
NIS, DFS, DNS, TCP/IP, Ethernet.
- Ability to identify and remedy hardware and software failures.
- Experience installing and configuring servers, workstations, and peripherals.
- User support experience.
- Experience with PHP, Perl, bash shell scripting and VBscript
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and an ability to work
- Demonstrated skills installing, configuring and maintaining the following:
* Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat, SUSE), Solaris, Cisco IOS, Windows
* Security: Active Directory, 802.1x, RADIUS
* Network: NFS, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, IP Routing ( BGP ), SAMBA, SAML, OAuth,
* Email: SMTP ( Postfix ), DKIM, SPF
* Scripting: PHP, Shell, Perl, VBscript
* Applications: Apache, IIS, MySQL, SVN, Nagios, Puppet
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 5 years system administration experience
- Strong background in Unix and Windows, networking and security.
- The diverse nature of the environment requires a good working knowledge of
heterogeneous systems and interoperability.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
ANSYS INSPIRE Values:
- Strive for Excellence
- Passion & Intensity
- Respect & Trust
Please Note: No Calls; No Recruiters