To develop baseline product technical data, test formulations and provide technical support on a global basis for Trilene© liquid EPDM in support of targeting new market applications primarily in adhesives, coatings, lubes, and sealants and may also contribute to support in rubber, plastic and miscellaneous applications. This includes but is not limited to formulating and testing new coatings based on Trilene© and/or blends with other polymers, working with the scientific staff to develop new to meet specific functionality, developing test methods, and working closely with customers to obtain approvals on Trilene© in new applications. The candidate will work closely with the New Business Development Marketing and Sales team, customers, and the Lion Copolymer Technical team.
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related field
- 10 years experience developing formulations and process for polymeric coatings, adhesives and sealants
- Technical Service and Development experience and ability to interact with customers
- Demonstrated focus and successful performance on workplace and product safety
- Demonstrated ability to develop test methods for coatings, adhesives, and similar applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead/work in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint and DOE
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical and drug screen, and background check
Incomplete applications or applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will be excluded from consideration.
- Experience with a wide variety of coatings polymers and applications, including elastomers
- Experience in formulation of adhesives, sealants and caulks
Lion Copolymer is an E-Verify participant and an equal opportunity employer.
Lion Copolymer is a leader in the manufacture of synthetic rubber with a solid reputation for quality products and services. Established in...