Performs duties as outlined by the Terminal Manager related to the receipt and shipment of petroleum products via pipeline and truck. Conducts maintenance and accounting responsibilities in accordance with established company and governmental regulations. Assists in the operations, maintenance, safety and environmental matters in the temporary absence of the Terminal Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Answers and responds to after hour calls (24-hours per day / 7-days per week).
High School diploma or equivalent required year experience in terminal operations
- Responsible for filter changes and all valve alignments (manifolds and tanks) inside the terminal property to assure the proper handling, storage and integrity of products.
- Uses the Terminal Automation System to prepare daily inventory reports, terminal balance report, and rack activity report.
- Forwards daily inventory and accounting reports to the appropriate customers.
- Makes sure that customers receive information needed regarding their throughput and inventory.
- Samples and analyzes product as instructed by the Terminal Manager.
- Keeps loading rack equipment (mechanical and electrical) clean and in good working order at all times.
- Interacts with drivers to make sure they follow all company and safety regulations.
- Trains new drivers and make sure they are familiar with our automation, loading equipment and emergency features.
- Conducts safety watches with outside contractors as advised by the Terminal Manager.
- Ensures all environmental and safety equipment is working properly.
- Keep overall appearance of terminal up and grass mowed and edged.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations. Reduces potential risk to public safety and environment and minimizes company liability.
- Improves operations efficiency and financial profitability through well maintained facilities. (VA297369)
Safety training and hazard training required
Spill response training for pipeline and rack area imperative.
Fire training preferred
8 hour shift
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent PC skills, with proficiency in Microsoft products
Strong attention to detail, with the ability to independently proof work for accuracy
Expected to exercise good judgment
Initiative and organization abilities required for meeting deadlines and establishing priorities
Expected to maintain good working relationships with all Company personnel, customers and contract personnel
Ability to manage time and scheduling to meet appropriate deadlines
Ability to work successfully in stressful situations and manage multiple tasks
Ability to use awareness of relationships and impacts of data trends and elements to appropriately recommend actions that impact both near and long-term company operations and profits
Ability to independently conduct job accountabilities with limited supervision
Ability to take directions from supervisors
Is a self-starter and willing to adapt to changing conditions.
WHEN A HIGHER LEVEL POSITION EXISTS CANDIDATES WITH GREATER QUALIFICATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
This position requires an individual to hold a TWIC card.
NuStar L.P. - 11 months ago
NuStar Energy L.P. (NuStar Energy) is engaged in the terminalling and storage of petroleum products, the transportation of petroleum product...