Classification : Non-Benefit Eligible
This assignment is scheduled from 5/18/2013-8/9/2013.
· The main function of the job will be to provide supervision and care for the participants of the Summer Fun Day Camp.
· Job responsibilities will include: creating an activity schedule each week and then leading participants in these activities in addition to taking over running of the camp for the director on scheduled days.
· Assist counselors in providing supervision of and being a positive role model for camp participants. Setting up and working with the camp director to maintain and order all equipment for activities.
· Implement camp activities as scheduled for each group each day and assisting other staff with the monitoring of the lunch room.
· Monitor the activity areas for potential safety hazards and make any corrections to provide a safe camp experience.
· Provide leadership participation with assigned activities.
· Stop any camp activity that could harm camp participants.
· Keep open contact with the Camp Director about all staff and participants.
· Maintain appearance and demeanor that communicates confidence, confidentiality, and professionalism.
Lifting and carrying (up to 50 lbs.). Extensive walking. Working in outdoor conditions.
Working outdoors in summer climate typically found in northeastern Illinois. Some indoors work as well. Setting in Benedictine University campus, Lisle, IL.
Tools and Equipment:
Playground equipment, indoor games, arts and crafts, video equipment, computers.
Qualifications : Have completed college; have experience working with children in a supervisory manner; have experience working with adults in a supervisory manner; i s employable under Benedictine University employment policies.
Application Process: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references.
MUST HAVE PERMANENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE U.S.A.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benedictine University - 23 months ago