This position provides security services required to preserve and protect life, the environment, and property.
- Deter acts of violence, respond to emergencies, and help ensure the safety of building occupants and visitors.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills and be able to work with diverse
- people, including those whose first language is something other than English, in a polite, professional, and non-threatening manner, unless the situation warrants otherwise.
- Personally monitors either visually or electronically a variety of assigned buildings, areas, or grounds and perform regular foot patrols
- Permits only properly authorized individuals to enter the property.
- Maintains a list of visitors or authorized companies/personnel who are allowed access to various areas.
Assists persons requesting directional information regarding the building and services.
- Permit authorized or properly badged persons and visitors to enter property.
May issue and record ID badges.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Respond to and record unusual or suspicious occurrences/activity, disputes, property damage, etc.
- Warns violators of rule infractions and may apprehend or expel violators.
- Assists in properly responding to a variety of emergencies or disasters in order to preserve life and property.
- May check heating, lighting, sprinkling, security, ventilation, fire, etc., systems to make sure they are operational.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
Security Officer must be experienced, physically, and mentally able to react effectively in enforcing order, curbing violence, protecting visitors, and employees from bodily injury or harassment and preventing theft and damage of property.
- High school diploma (or GED).
- Must have a minimum 10 years prior state or large municipality law enforcement
- Security guard experience must be between the years 1993 — 2013
- The ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, callouts, etc.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- A valid State of Alaska Armed Security Guard license upon hire
- A valid State of Alaska driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company's insurance carrier
Language skills sufficient to: 1. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Write routine reports and correspondence.
3. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Math skills sufficient to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's including using these operations with units of American money and weight measurement, volume, or distance.
Reasoning abilities sufficient to: 1. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
2. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Incumbents are regularly required to use hands, talk, and hear.
They are frequently required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and smell.
They are also occasionally required to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level is generally moderate.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Nonexempt/hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. All employees are expected to work rotating hours, shifts, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Security, Intelligence & Defense Analysis
NANA Management Services
NANA Development Corporation - 11 months ago
At the heart of Chugach Alaska Corporation is a vision of indigenous people running their own businesses on their own land. Chugach Alaska...