The GIS Supplier Performance/Diversity Specialist role develops and uses the necessary methodology and tools to analyze General Supplier performance against expected outcomes; compares contract terms with actual results and reports findings and recommends improvements to management. This position provides the means to measure and improve supplier performance, to integrate service providers’ processes with GIS’ processes and to ensure that there is a fact-based view of supplier performance.
This position also provides leadership in managing supplier diversity for GIS. This position is charged with strengthening relationships with HDI stakeholders, Minority and Women Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) representatives, and other diverse businesses, in alignment with corporate policy. Specifically for GIS, this role consults with senior leadership in assessing supplier diversity needs, developing strategies, and advocating recommendations to the General Services Manager.
This role, in partnership with Chief Technology Office, Indirect Procurement and Corporate Research, researches, monitors and reports upon technology supplier marketplace activity and trends which may have an impact on the HDI strategy and/or current operations. This role administers the relationship with leading GIS research/consulting organizations and provides and performs basic research services for the GIS organization.
Bachelor degree in Business Management or Business Administration, or Supplier Management, Information Technology Management, Mathematics or related field is required. Equivalent experience is accepted. If the candidate does not meet the degree requirement a combination of relevant education and experience should total the equivalent of 13 years.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experience and expertise:
- Proficient in mathematical and/or statistical computation.
- 5+ years experience with performance management and/or supplier contract management programs (extensive experience with SLAs and KPIs).
- 5+ years experience with business systems and process planning and project management.
- Demonstrate supplier services/GIS sourcing knowledge with a focus on performance and process management.
- Possess strong knowledge of all aspects of the GIS functional area.
- Display analytical, risk identification and assessment and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Possess customer service mindset.
- Team-oriented, facilitation, collaborative environment leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience in supplier diversity management desired.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures both internally and externally.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 10-25%
Harley-Davidson - 19 months ago
Just like the V-Twin beats at the heart of every bike we produce, the Harley-Davidson culture strongly propels our company to the successful...