The intern will assist in the production and development of projects, will produce production presentation material, and will assist in the production and documentation of construction documents.
Communication and Collaboration
Supervision and Delegation
- Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ask questions about assignments when unclear.
- Has working knowledge and understanding for use of HMC equipment and software.
- Ability to professionally communicate both, verbally and in writing, to give assignments to office support staff consultants and vendors.
- Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
- Be proficient with HMC’s documentation and office practice systems.
- Ability to correspond effectively with consultants for cad files and minor directives.
- Attend professional activities outside of office.
- Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients and consultants.
- Assist in development of project marketing interview materials.
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
- Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
- Finish task within agreed-upon hours for the task.
- Proficient in the documentation of project design in CAD such as three dimensional modeling, physical models, and product or material research.
- Participate in office design charettes.
- May participate in the development of design.
- Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applications and multimedia software.
- Understand the organization of the contract documents.
- Assist in organization and generation of working drawings.
- Demonstrate CAD competency of basic commands/drawing setup/layering/dimensions/plotting on HMC CAD Platform.
- Prepare basic "block out" drawings with accuracy and thoroughness, (site plans, floor plans, exterior elevations, interior elevations) from design sketches, and pickup "red marks" prepared by supervisor.
- Ability to apply accessibility code to basic drawings.
HMC Architects provides architectural planning, master planning, graphic design, and interior design services through offices in California,...