Retail Accountant I
- Accurately prepare financial statements (including balance sheet, cash flow statement, income statement and various supplementary schedules) for an assigned retail account group
- Maintain the customer service standard of completion of financial statements within 10 working days
- Communicates extensively with retailers, staff members, and regional management regarding financial data to analyze problems and questions as they arise
- Provide financial information as requested in annual independent audits and in various other professional exchanges with bankers, attorneys, tax preparers, insurance agents, etc
- Review and prepare on a timely basis all types of corporate, individual, trust, gift, estate and pension tax returns, analyze clients' personal and/or business accounts to evaluate and recommend specific options to minimize their tax liability
- Interact with other Tax Sections of Retail Accounting to ensure proper flow of financial information and reconciliation of financial statements to the income tax return
- Complete various related assignments and other activities as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor in a timely and accurate manner
Why work For Supervalu?
- Four-year college degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum one to two (1 to 2) years of Financial Accounting experience is essential
- Minimum two to four (2 to 4) years experience in all facets of income taxation
- CPA Certificate, Enrolled Agent designation, and/or Public Accounting experience desirable
- QuickBooks experience desirable
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills essential
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills essential
- High level of professionalism, communication and organizational skills essential
- Strong computer skills required
SUPERVALU is the nation’s third largest grocery provider, with a diversified portfolio of regional retail banners, locally managed and branded, spanning the nation, coast-to-coast and border-to-border. As the largest food distributor to retail stores in the United States, we also provide a robust suite of supply chain services to serve both our own retail banners and thousands of independent retailers.
Ongoing pursuit of excellence is a way of life at SUPERVALU and a key to our success. To achieve excellence, we seek associates who will contribute innovative business solutions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
Supervalu - 19 months ago
After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the purchase of more than 1,100...