The North American Professional Services team leads and manages all of Nielsen's relationships with consumer-focused manufacturers and retailers. The team includes over 1,600 professionals in the United States and Canada and coordinates all relationships for several hundred clients headquartered in North America including Coca-Cola, Colgate-Palmolive, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft, Hershey's, Heinz, Procter & Gamble and Unilever, to name a few. Clients range from CEOs through to senior brand, marketing, sales and market research executives. No other company in the world comes close to having the level of insight into consumers that Nielsen possesses, nor the ability to integrate this information into truly unique insights for corporations. The North American Professional Services team is leading Nielsen's transformation to a truly integrated, professional services firm which is passionate about solving client problems. Through these efforts, Nielsen aims to be recognized as the premier marketing and sales analytics company.
As an Analyst, you will analyze market research and other data to provide value-added insights to a Nielsen client, supporting the client in executing against their strategic marketing plans. You will ensure client servicing requirements are meeting or exceeding the client's expectations while building a strong client relationship. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serve as primary contact to junior-level client contacts by answering questions, performing data requests.
- Attend client meetings to understand client business objectives. Identify and communicate client needs to appropriate account team members.
- Pull and analyze scanner and consumer panel data and deliver insights to client for assigned categories. Create reports and templates as well as update data dictionaries for client use while managing projects independently.
- Provide training to client users on functionality and use of client database information.
- Provide support to account team and/or client by responding to ad-hoc data requests, answering questions, and providing basic technical support and analysis.
- Support client needs in a timely and efficient manner demonstrating a sense of urgency, tenacity, and commitment to quality and excellent client
- 2-3 years experience in an analytical role.
- Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong math and/or analytic skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills using deductive reasoning, understanding hierarchical relationships and identifying gaps in logic.
- Experience with Nielsen software tools desired.
- SAS/SPSS skills a plus
Bachelors Degree required; MBA desirable.
The Nielsen Company - 16 months ago
Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows!
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media information...