Do you want to work for one of the world’s diversified solutions providers for over 70 years in the oil and gas industry? Oil States Industries, Inc. (a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc.) is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, with locations throughout the US and in 11 countries. We are a leading manufacturer of deepwater production products and subsea pipelines. We pride ourselves in our innovative solutions and industry changing advancements.
A Great Place to Work! Join a high growth company with staying power that possesses a unique blend of experience and youth, technology and innovation, and challenging and rewarding work. Oil States Industries, Inc. is not only a great place to work but an excellent place to begin, build or complete your career.
Oil States recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset and offers employee programs that enrich and protect our employees including educational assistance, annual incentive bonus program, 401(k) and excellent health, wellness, and financial protection programs.
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of Test Technician II.
With minimal supervision, the Test Tech II must perform the daily tasks specified by the Test Manager or Test Tech III. This will include set-up, instrumentation, controls and data acquisition for all test activities. Technician will also be responsible for programming of test control and data acquisition systems through programmable logic controllers and LabVIEW. This person must work well with others, accept direction from those around him and communicate well. This person must be able to learn, understand and work with technical issues regarding electrical and hydraulic systems along with the test control software. The Test Tech II will directly report to the Test Manager and also take direction from the Test Tech III lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With limited supervision, perform the following tasks
• Review test procedures, safety hazards and conformance requirements on all test activities
• Instrumentation setup and installation
• Test hardware assembly and set-up
• Test equipment operation including control software
• Electronic circuit wiring
• Hydraulic system operation
• Read blueprints and schematics
• Data reduction, database maintenance and record keeping
• Use of spreadsheets, word processing and other general computing skills
• Responsible for maintaining clean work environment
• Customer interface may be required
• Maintaining test lab computer network and remote test fixture operations, communication and surveillance.
Come and join us at Oil States Industries, Inc. for an innovative and rewarding career!
Celebrating 70 years in business
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• High school diploma or equivalent with 4 years minimum related experience
• Associate Degree w/ 2 years minimum related experience
• Computer networking and programming skills is required.
• Self-reliant, able to conduct work with little supervision
• Capable of working as a team for all work activities
• Demonstrate observation and awareness skills in interpreting test results
• Good verbal and written communication skills along with proficiency in mathematics
• Fundamental understanding of elastomer components and behavior of elastomers a benefit
• Some moderate to heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
• Exposure to chemical and hazardous waste.
• Occasional bending with prolonged standing and/or sitting.
• Some reaching, bending, stepping, pushing and pulling may be required.
• Pushing and pulling weight loaded on carts or pallet jacks could be 50-100 pounds.
• Some outdoor work in extreme weather elements (cold and heat).
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Oil States International - 19 months ago