Esterline Technologies Corporation
Director, Environment, Safety & Health, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Defense Technologies a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is the world's foremost developer and supplier of expendable countermeasures, used to protect aircraft from missile threats.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 300
Title: Director, Environment, Safety & Health
Job Family: Safety
Reports to: VP/General Manager Countermeasures
Works with: Senior Staff, Corporate Risk Analysts, Mid Level Managers, Safety Techs, representatives from Federal and State organizations, extensive dealings with hourly workers.
Location: Camden, Arkansas
Type: Full Time
The EH&S Director applies extensive knowledge and experience in explosive safety programs, throughout Esterline Defense Technologies. The Director will be responsible for developing technical solutions to complex problems that require use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Assists supervision and management with Explosive Safety concerns, to include Process Safety Management (PSM), Explosive Site Planning Contractor Owned - Contractor Operated (COCO) and Government Owned-Contractor Operated (GOCO) facilities.
- Must be familiar with DOD 4145.26M, DOD contractor Safety Manual for Ammunition and Explosives and DOD 6055.9, DOD Manual for Ammunition and Explosive Safety.
- Provide interpretation and guidance concerning the application of explosive safety regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting illness and injury prevention, risk assessment and mitigation, incident investigations, hazardous materials communication and awareness, as well as safety and environmental programs compliance.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline's ethics and business conduct policies
- Conduct explosives safety site plan documentation packages for submission to the Administration Contracting Officer (ACO) and Procuring Contracting Officer (PCO), for final approval in accordance with DOD 4145.26-M
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis and be able to work with a team to mitigate any hazards associated with the explosives process.
- Must be able to perform rot cause analyses and corrective action on explosive safety disciplines, where applicable
- Must possess excellent communication skills, have a generalist safety background in a manufacturing environment and have a high level of experience in Explosive Safety programs.
- Full understanding of all elements of the Process Safety management standard as outlined in 29 CFR1910.119
- Experience with communicating explosives safety policy to higher level leadership.
- Overall generalist in EHS disciplines with Expert level experience in Explosive Safety
- Experience in implementing and sustaining an Explosive Safety program in a large manufacturing environment
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for a senior level leader: delegation, developing direct reports, process management, innovation management, business acumen, intellectual horsepower, learning on the fly, making timely/high quality decisions, and hiring staffing, strategic agility, command skills and managing vision and purpose.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum seven years prior experience in Safety and DOD environment
Please apply on-line on the Esterline Career Website. company website
Job Location East Camden, Arkansas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Esterline - 20 months ago