Software Engineer (Job Number: 190301)
The Operations, Intelligence and Security Business Unit of SAIC is currently searching for a Software Engineer. This work will be located onsite in Aberdeen, MD. There will also be opportunities to work in a virtual environment. This position is contingent upon an upcoming contract award. An active Secret Clearance with the eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance is required in order to be considered for this position.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join a growing team that supports a diverse set of Government Programs. The successful candidate will:
• Support sophisticated enterprise architectures to meet challenging mission goals, scalable requirements that allow for a flexible system evolution and agile development. Typical system requirements include large data sets, large numbers of users, and various distributed computing and middleware services.
• Be a key member of the team working on a Government Program that bases the entire architecture on a central enterprise wide implementation of Oracle 9i/10g and other databases.
• Support development, operation, and maintenance of new and legacy applications.
• Work with a team that is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of several development efforts using Java.
• Handle responsibilities that will include support to the design, implementation, and integration of software solutions.
• Have the ability to work in a dynamic, highly flexible, team-oriented environment with individual responsibilities for internal and customer deliverables and schedule.
• Have the willingness to learn new techniques and an ability to accomplish tasks through research and self-study.
• Travel occasionally (travel expected is 5-10%.)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline and 8+ years of relevant experience.
• Must have exposure to Java, Servlets, Ozone widgets, and JSP.
• Should be able to perform technical tasks independently.
Candidate should exhibit the following qualities:
• Think independently and contribute to the overall effort without much direction.
• Work well within a team environment.
• Work well under pressure.
• Perform technical tasks independently.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Ozone development.
• J2EE software development– Object Oriented Design and Programming.
• Web Application Development - Java, JSP, Oracle 8/9/10, Oracle Application Server, XML, Portal Applications.
• Solid Customer Interface/Interaction Ability.
• IT Project and Program Management.
• Linux, Unix, and Windows proficient.
• VMWare Virtualization.
• Service Oriented Architectures.
• Database development and design, preferably in Oracle and SQL.
• Open source JAVA development tools such as: Eclipse, JBoss, Ant, etc.
• Agile development environment.
• MS Windows and SharePoint Services.
The successful candidate should have experience designing, building, and maintaining Web-based information systems utilizing a combination of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software, .Net, Oracle, and SQL Server. The candidate should also have a detailed knowledge of current software development practices, trends, and standards, and have experience with object-oriented languages and methodologies to support the design, development, and maintenance of software applications and systems.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 1, 2012, 6:23:46 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-APG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 17 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...