Bloom at Belfair, a Senior Living Community, is seeking a part time Receptionist for the weekends. This position is approximately 30 hours per pay period (Bi-Montly). The shifts are 8:30am-5pm and 5pm-12am, the shifts alternate each week.
Answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. Provide administrative and resident assistance as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Operates telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information and taking messages.
• Greets visitors entering establishment and directs or escorts them to specific destinations. Ensures that reception area is presentable for visitors, as necessary.
• Maintains visitor/vendor log as directed.
• Collects, sorts, distributes and prepares mail, messages and courier deliveries as necessary.
• Forwards resident, family member or associate requests to applicable associate for follow-up.
• Responds to resident help calls and/or makes rounds as assigned to ensure resident safety. Forwards any urgent situations to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
• Performs administrative duties as assigned.
• Assists with dining room set-up, as assigned.
• Reports any issues or problems that may arise to the Business Office Manager and/or Executive Director.
• Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards.
• Assists families and other visitors as needed.
• Attends in-services and other required meetings.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
• This position does not require supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Page 2 of 3
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Reading Ability - Able to read and interpret written information.
• Written Communication - Able to write clearly and informatively.
• Verbal Communication - Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
• Reasoning Ability - Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple written or oral instructions.
• English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
• Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Organizational Support – Follows company policies and procedures.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources in needed.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives to work/meetings on time.
• Dependability - Completes tasks accurately and on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Desktop/Notebook computers
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
• The associate may be exposed to bodily fluids and odors on an occasional basis.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit, talk, speak and hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk, stand in one place, stoop, kneel or crouch, use hands to handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms or smell.
• The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bloom at Belfair - 30+ days ago