Support the Director of Convention Services by providing confidential and professional assistance at all times.
Set-up conferences and meetings when necessary.
Ensure participants are notified, equipment requirements are identified and scheduled and other amenities are provided as required.
Input Room Reservations, handle show and restaurant reservations for VIP clients.
Handle correspondence, faxes and post convention surveys for Director of Convention Services.
Answer a multi-line telephone, provide information and take messages as required.
Run various reports which are distributed to operating department.
Schedule preventative maintenance for the convention rooms and block the space accordingly.
Manage the distribution of meeting room keys.
Run the necessary reports in preparation for the monthly Production Meeting.
Handle purchase requisitions and check requests for the department.
Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years prior administrative secretarial experience in a similar environment.
- Good public relation skills enjoy opportunities to work with and assist people.
- Effectively deal with management, employees and outside contacts in all situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with administrative staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance & demeanor.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literacy on updated software programs.
- Ability to speak, read & write in English.
- Previous administrative experience in a Convention department.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...