We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Chronic Disease Prevention to join our team!
The Director of Chronic Disease Prevention will help lead and advance the dissemination of chronic disease prevention programs designed to promote wellness and reduce health risks. The incumbent will develop, implement, manage and have direct oversight of many activities related to the focus program.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- Oversee the innovation, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of activities for the focus program for which the incumbent has primary responsibility which may include collaborating with YUSA on developing programming.
- Establish relationships and partnerships to effectively build a referral network for the program.
- Collaborate with Financial Development to identify local and national grant opportunities for the YMCA's Chronic Disease Prevention programs.
- Work responsively and collaborate closely with Financial Development on efforts to conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals.
- Manage all program-related grants to include tracking, data collection, statistical analysis, formal evaluation reports and invoicing in consultation with the VP of Healthy Living and Finance/Accounting.
- Consult with Financial Development on stewardship and evaluation reports for funders.
- Represent the YMCA in the community, participating in public relations and promotional activities relating to Chronic Disease Prevention programs.
- Assists in hiring, training, developing and coaching the team of program staff.
- Collaborates with Marketing to create program marketing materials.
- Works collaboratively to ensure program quality and conduct program compliance audits.
- Manage the program budget.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Health and Sciences or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in program management
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience building strong partnerships effectively among a wide variety of stakeholders (physicians, public health officials, employers, payers, health seekers, and community based organizations) to advance a common cause
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in direct supervision
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in facilitating training to adult learners
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop staff
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain positive working relationships at all levels
- Ability to achieve results through the use of influence
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to manage programs and staff at multiple locations
- Ability to be an independent contributor and team player
- Must have ability to multi-task, manage complex systems with effective technical and project management skills.
- Ability to manage programs to a diverse population
- Must have a current CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 day of hire)
- Attend YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles within 6 months of employment
- Ability to travel locally to YMCA branches and other program sites.
- Physical ability to demonstrate technical components of program area curriculum as needed.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 02/22/2013 for first consideration.
Salary: $54,260 - $63,088
YMCA - 9 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...